Quality of Service (QoS)
Standard network routing is limited in the ability to guarantee an expected level of service that satisfies the needs of all organisations.
Many things can happen to data packets over a network as they travel from origin to destination. This can be caused by either human or technical factors, resulting in the following problems for both the sender and receiver:
- Dropped packets
- Out-of-order delivery
Xrio UBM Quality of Service (QoS) is a technology solution that overcomes the limitations of standard routing and enables you to tailor traffic routing according to your requirements. UBM QoS offers you the capability of ensuring improved service for selected network traffic over various technologies, including DSL, Fibre Cable, MPLS, Leased Lines, IP-VPN, etc.
Xrio UBM QoS provides the following benefits:
- Control over resources - Have control over bandwidth, Internet connections and applications. For example, limiting the bandwidth consumed over a circuit by email or give priority to VoIP.
- Monitor network performance - Monitor network traffic and bandwidth usage by certain users and applications.
- Reduce packet loss - Ensure data packets are delivered accurately from source to destination through configuring specific routing policies.
- Ensure WAN efficiency – Reduce network congestion and the impact of other applications on mission-critical traffic.
- End-to-End QoS Levels - QoS policies can be created from end-to-end between two linked networks, including specific QoS policies being applied for each service.
- Policy-Based Routing - Dedicate bandwidth to specific services, e.g. Voice and video on a high bandwidth and e-mail over a low bandwidth connection.
- Improve VoIP service - Control jitter and latency through guaranteeing bandwidth for VoIP, or alternately prioritise VoIP over other types of traffic.
- Policy Based Routing - Dedicate bandwidth to specific services, e.g. Voice and video on a high bandwidth and e-mail over a low bandwidth connection.
- Failover/Failback – Reduce downtime and achieve continuous Internet connectivity in the event of an Internet outage with UBM’s unique failover and failback features.
Invest In Intelligence
If you want to maximise the use of your bandwidth, whilst reducing costs with the most intelligent solution on the market, then either give us a call on 0845 644 3226 or email email@example.com.