Policy Based Routing
Xrio UBM Load Balancing and Circuit Bonding solutions are enabled through the use of our powerful policy-based routing engine to allow you to make intelligent and flexible routing decisions for your WAN and VPN data packets.
Implementing routing policies for your network data packets helps achieve the following benefits:
- Prioritise critical data over non-critical data
- Utilise bandwidth more efficiently through dedicating circuits for specific services
- Ensure bandwidth for VoIP
- Distribute traffic down multiple circuits to avoid connection overload
Route network traffic according to your rules
Routing Policies can be created simply through using Xrio UBM’s browser-based user interface UBM Manager. The UBM Manager enables you to create the following types of routing policies:
- Outbound Policies: Outbound Policies are applied to traffic leaving the network. Policies can be created from any combination of Source IP, Destination IP and Service and assigned to any circuit or Team.
- Interface Teams: Outbound Policies are usually linked to teams which are groups of links that have an assigned algorithm, such as bonding or load balancing. Teams can also specify Backup Teams should all links fail in the specified Team.
- Inbound Policies: Inbound policies are required for traffic that is destined in to your network. Inbound policies are applied based upon the link that carries the traffic, its network destination and the protocol contained in the packet.
- Quality of Service (QoS) - QoS can be applied to Outbound and Inbound Policies to prioritise critical services.
- Intelligent DNS: Xrio UBM can perform DNS functions for multiple domains and can use multiple circuits to route traffic in the most efficient way without disrupting established sessions.
- Static Routes: A static route forwards traffic to a pre-determined destination. Typically, a static route is used when a defined LAN Interface requires traffic to be routed to another upstream router that may have intelligence about other network topologies.
With Xrio's UBM solution you can make the most of your network by optimising the way in which your network performs - one device, many functions!
Try UBM before you buy
Why not try UBM for yourself free for 30 days! with our No risk UBM trial and we guarantee that you will not want to return it when you experience the benefits. Or speak to a member of our team to discuss your requirements on 0845 644 3226 or email email@example.com